This story is limited to Techwire Insider members.
This story is limited to Techwire Insider members. Log in below to read this story or learn more about membership.
The California Department of State Hospitals (DSH) is recruiting for a director (Career Executive Assignment) of its Electronic Health Record Project, “an integrated ecosystem of human-centric, data-driven applications designed to support a spectrum of healthcare services for all DSH patients” .
“This job is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in ensuring the success of this health technology initiative,” the job posting states. “DSH is committed to the creative and optimal use of technology”, and the incumbent will provide “executive and strategic leadership to direct, manage and support…the DSE and related projects with updated technology broadly supported by the industry”.
The Director will serve as the “primary link between key legacy system personnel, operational management, and the end-user community”, and will oversee the development of education and training programs and the development of reporting functionality.
Desirable qualifications for the position, according to the job posting and statement of duties, include:
- Well-developed communication and exceptional interpersonal skills with organizational management teams, external partners, vendors and oversight agencies. In addition, experience in effectively presenting ideas, conclusions and other information, both orally and in writing, and communicating technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of principles of healthcare informatics industry standards, best practices, planning and coordination of technology implementation, including but not limited to managing project and data security.
- Knowledge of the operations and functions of the large hospital system. Demonstrated experience developing and implementing broad and impactful health policies and programs in the area of data analytics, interoperability, data sharing, or other strategic methods of leveraging data data. Working understanding of how these policies and programs can be applied to the Department of State Hospitals.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies, programs and procedures and in resolving complex issues. Experience and background in health policy, healthcare industry and business strategies. The ideal candidate will have worked in a government or private health-related position with experience in a leadership role when implementing an electronic health record.
- Experience implementing an industry-leading electronic health record within a large, multi-site healthcare system. Experience managing the strategic deployment of an electronic health record or similar impact technology on time and within budget. Experience managing resources, training, infrastructure and devices as part of an electronic health record implementation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a team of clinical subject matter experts to ensure clinical business needs are addressed in a manner that will drive adoption of electronic solutions. Experience leading and aligning various programs and fostering a positive team environment while encouraging collaboration; and knowledge and experience in transformational leadership.
- Knowledge of organizational change management fundamentals, best practices and industry standards along with the ability to lead a large organization through the change management process. Experience leading, building and retaining a team of exceptional professionals, with a track record of identifying successful change management strategies and leading a team to execute them. Ability to think strategically and function effectively as a member of a management team.
The monthly salary range for this position is $7,781 to $13,657, and the application deadline is February 17.