- Develop strategies, implement and maintain program initiatives and activities that adhere to the department’s mission, short and long term goals, and broader organizational goals
- Develops benchmarks and assessment protocols for assessment and improvement
- Coordinates the work of multiple operational teams ensuring that program objectives are achieved as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Maintains organizational standards of satisfaction, quality and performance
- Manages Operational Epics budget and budget codes for maximum productivity
- Develops new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Program Manager role demonstrating leadership at the Epic macro level while supporting Agile best practices at the team level
- Lead, defend, apply, apply and maintain agile best practices in planning, coordination, development and organization of documentation, risk management, implementation, testing and validation
- Manages a team with a wide range of talents and responsibilities to ensure the success of the program as a whole
- Ensures all aspects of the cost, quality, timing and scope of the Epic program meet business requirements
- Leads the planning and execution of tasks within multiple Epics, dependent on each other to achieve mapped out goals to successfully achieve larger organizational goals
- Organizes and facilitates program increment planning sessions
- Facilitates routine stand-up meetings to ensure the team aligns with daily goals and objectives
- Plans and executes sprint-based delivery schedules
- Develops and communicates Epic’s plans and timelines
- Assists the development organization during the implementation, integration, verification and certification phases of an Epic to help resolve discrepancies and communicate decisions to senior management
- Ensures that external teams align with all goals and objectives; ensure full transparency between internal and external teams.
- Holds regularly scheduled project team meetings to review progress, discuss critical issues, make decisions, refine plans and keep team members informed of changes in requirements and the development plan to ensure alignment complete with program strategy.
- Identifies obstacles and helps the team remove obstacles to ensure successful sprint-based deliveries.
- Provides support and guidance to project teams by fostering teamwork, improving communications, providing suggestions and advice on better ways to achieve goals
- Identifies and proactively manages program risks and maintains project teams.
- Establishes and maintains essential program documentation
- Hold retrospective sessions and provide a clear view of lessons learned to avoid repeating past mistakes.
- Ensures that the management of a fully neat backlog exists
- Develops, updates and maintains the Technical Operations SharePoint site with all Epics departments and strategy, current updates, reports and document library.
- Manages program and project teams for optimal return on investment, and coordinates and delegates inter-project initiatives
- Analyzes, assesses and overcomes program risks and produces program reports for management.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Vice President, Technical Operations and is responsible for performing any other duties assigned by the Manager as required.
â¢ Minimum 5 years of experience in media broadcasting and production
â¢ At least 3 years of experience in project team management and technical project management
â¢ Demonstrates an understanding of project management methodologies, resource management and workflow distribution, procurement management and change control management
â¢ Proven experience with Office 365 (Sharepoint, Teams, Power BI, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power Automate, etc.), program management tools (Smartsheets, Jira) and diagram design tools (Visio, Omni Graffle, Lucidchart)
â¢ Technical knowledge of various software and media and entertainment developments:
o Software development lifecycle
o Video formats and codecs
o Video editing
o Audio format and codecs
o Audio editing and mixing
o Live broadcast
o Multimedia storage
o Asset metadata
o Management of production assets
o Multimedia asset management
o Digital asset management
IA / ML
o Rights management
o OTT platforms and VOD content
o Distribution specifications and content rights
o Software licenses and SLAs
o Multimedia composer
o Media Central Cloud UX
o Access to interaction
o Adobe products (Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Media Encoder and others)
o Pro Tools and other audio tools
Additional job requirements
â¢ Interested candidate must submit a resume via www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
â¢ Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
â¢ Willingness to travel on short notice and on weekends
â¢ Must be 18 years or older
â¢ Must be willing to work flexible hours including late and / or last minute schedule changes in a 24/7 production work environment
â¢ Must be available for work (when necessary for the production of the show) early in the morning, in the evening, on holidays and on weekends
â¢ Must have unlimited work authorization to work in the United States.
â¢ Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s alternative dispute resolution program
â¢ Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred
â¢ Exceptional skills in leadership, time management, facilitation and organization
â¢ Self-taught who demonstrates ownership of assigned tasks and who will push for solutions that solve immediate problems while building towards long-term goals
â¢ Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
â¢ Used to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
â¢ Demonstrates great attention to detail
â¢ Ability to build relationships with clients and manage expectations
â¢ Ability to be flexible in approach and respond well to pressure
NBCUniversal owns and operates more than 20 different businesses in 30 countries, including a valuable portfolio of information and entertainment television networks, a leading film company, major television production operations, a group of television stations world-class, world-famous theme parks and a premium ad-supported program. streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal is all about inclusion for everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast’s NBCUniversal commitment and how we’re making a impact.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in uniformed services, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance For Hiring Order, where applicable.